Starting a business is totally a personal decision. You may find a lot of other possibilities, but starting your own small business may be the path to building long term generational wealth. Deciding what type of small business to start can be challenging.
Below is a list of things to consider:
- Choose your passion – what are you good at?
- Write Down Your Mission Statement and Business Goals – What do you want to accomplish and by what date.
- Make A Business Plan – Write your thoughts down of how you are going to start and grow your business.
- Decide On the Services You Offer Customers – Routine janitorial, carpet cleaning, window cleaning, etc.
- Find A Good Partner – Who can you rely on to help with the areas of the business you might find difficult or need expertise,
- Conduct Market Research – Where is the best city, neighborhood. or business sector to find customers.
- Build Your Brand – What is your specialty?
- Join Your Local Chamber of Commerce – Start building local connections with people that want to help you succeed,
- Effectively Use Social Media – Do you have a website that communicates clearly and concisely what services you offer?
- Choose Your Price Points Wiseley – Research what are average rates to charge by the job or hourly for your customer services.
Starting your service business requires a careful and well-thought-out plan. Make sure that your business is visible to the target audience. Choose how to best represent your brand and business in a competitive market. Build an excellent social media and local reputation. Have enough cash flow to meet any urgency until your business is running on its own income. Being part of an organization like Executive Image Building Services can eliminate much of the guesswork in starting a janitorial service.
By Ray Jackson